Written by Karl Walker Friday, 17 October 2014 19:32
Beth Corbett is giving an "Illustrated talk on the Life & Adventures of a WW2 soldier" (or How 'Oh Him' became My Hero) at 2.30pm (followed by Tea & Cakes) in the Jubilee Close Community Room, Exminster on Wednesday 29th October 2014.
Tickets (limited in number because of space) are ¬£5 and proceeds are for St Martin's Church, which needs the money for roof repairs. Tickets can be obtained from me (Beth Corbett, 7 Jubilee Close, Exminster tel: 01392 833122).
The occasion will be of particular interest to the health & other walking groups, to gardening club folk, history society folk, pensioners club people, Methodists etc! The date is of course shortly before Remembrance Sunday & is timed to co-incide with moments when we particularly think about those who sacrificed so much to give us the freedoms and standards we in The West enjoy today.
- Tour of Britain hits Exminster 2014
- Devon Open Studios 2014 comes to Exminster
- Scarecrow Day 2014
- Exminster Fete 2014 - Tomorrow!
- Sat 19 July - Identity Crisis at the Royal Oak
- Victory Hall Trust part-time jobs
- Street lighting "part-night lighting" coming to Exminster
- Library Van service reduction due April 2014
- Bovis Homes South West of Exeter Plans on Show
- Over 50 years of supporting the Blood Donor service
Page 8 of 161«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»