Written by Adam Drake Thursday, 25 July 2013 19:14
Over the last few weeks there has been a large increase in the number of thefts from vehicles throughout Newton Abbot, Kingskerswell and Kingsteignton. Most vehicles have been parked up overnight near the owner’s home address or on the owner’s driveways, but some have been parked in the day near beauty spots and parks. A number of house break-ins have also been reported in Teignmouth.
The Police would like to remind members of the public to make sure their vehicles are secure and that valuables are removed from them or at the very least hidden out of sight. It is also important that during this spell of hot weather, houses are left properly secured both during the day and night.
“It only takes an extra minute when leaving your car to take your Sat Nav, Radio unit facia or IPAD/IPOD with you and could save you potentially a couple of hundred pounds and the hassle of having your window repaired. There is very little the Police can do to prevent this type of ‘smash and grab’ crime and we ask that residents and holidaymakers take the extra time so they do not become a victim of crime.”
If any member of the public sees someone acting suspiciously around vehicles and believe a crime is about to or is being committed we ask that they call 999.
Pam Hughes - Forum Secretary
Police Volunteer 60163
Teignmouth Police Office
Tel: 01626 326604
- Identity Crisis at the Royal Oak
- New Hypnotherapy Practice in Exminster
- Free Places for Teenagers on Outward Bound Challenge
- Theft from car in Oak Close
- At Least 2000 more houses planned for Exminster
- Police Report - Theft in Exminster
- Theft and Damage at Allotments
- Tim Pestridge wins Photography Award
- New Homes for Shared Ownership at Milbury Farm
- Council Management Shakeup adds £59K to Pay Bill
Page 8 of 144«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»