Community Groups -
Written by Adam Drake
Saturday, 29 November 2008 09:09
To celebrate (!) the last night of "The Snow Queen" Pantomime, Here's 16 things you should know about pantos. This list was compiled by Rosie Denton who, for her sins, is a cast member of tonight's extravaganza ...
If you're going tonight - enjoy!
- The bad guy always gets beaten.
- If there is somethiing exciting happening to you, there is probably an audience watching....
- ....and this audience is probably more than willing to join in!
- If anyone dies they will be alive again in time for the curtain call.
- The good guy is always related to the bad guy.
- The nice girl is always very pretty and the baddies are ugly.
- Jokes are never very funny.
- It's ALWAYS behind you...
- ....Oh no it isn't. Oh yes it is!
- Always end with a song.
- A hut/boat/village will always be there when you need it.
- People who were school children in the last scene may well be butterflies in this one.
- People who exited the stage in opposite directions will miraculously meet up again and enter from the same place.
- If you start singing everyone will always know the song and a dance to go with it.
- The ugly girl is secretly a guy.
- Bright green and orange clash very badly and yet people always wear them together.